Thursday, June 25, 2009

Update on Genre

Currently listening to Cat Power Jukebox

So I have said previously that my new novel Cupid's Disciple was urban fantasy. Nope, not. It's more in the magical realism genre without a doubt. It's somewhat reminiscent of The Very Old Man With Enormous Wings. Somewhat. Turned out to be something that I've personally never read, I'm just about finished with the first draft. I'm surprised that I've never read anything like what I've written, I'm wondering if there's something out there that is similar now. I'll be on the look-out.

So, I've also heard some people are sick of first-person narrative. I wonder how that's possible? If something is well written and the premise is good why would you be sick of first-person? I like hearing an MC's thoughts. I especially like alternating POV's, just my preference though.

No comments:

Post a Comment